A wonderful recipe from Anaïs Ca Dao van Manen using BOMBOM ‘Kimchi Mayo’. Her recipe is always exciting! Who wants to chomp through those crispy morsels of fish with a kick of Kimchi mayo?
- BOMBOM Kimchi Mayo
- 4 sardines
- 40g salt
- 40g sugar
- 40g vinegar
- 1L water
- 5g salted sesame seeds
- 60g panko crumbs
- 15g seasoned roasted Gim seaweed
- Vegetable Oil
- Cooked rice
- Optional: Perilla, kimchi and cucumber for Ssam
- Filet and butterfly the sardines.
- Make your pickle liquid, by melting the sugar and salt in 200ml of Hot water, then add 800ml of cold water and the vinegar.
- Leave the sardines in the pickling liquid for 15 minutes.
- Drain your sardines, and pat them dry with kitchen paper.
- Make your panko crumbs by blitzing half of the panko with the seasoned Gim seaweed and mix all the ingredients together.
- Dip your sardines in cornflour, make sure to shake off the excess flour.
- Brush your kimchi mayo onto the sardines, this will replace your egg.
- Finish with your panko crumbs.
- Fill half a pan with oil, and bring it to 170C or until your wooden chopsticks sizzle when touching the oil.
- Pan-fry each sardines for roughly 1.5 minutes per sides.
- Serve hot with rice and leaves and add a dollop of Kimchi Mayo.
Suggestion: you can make little perilla, rice, kimchi, sardine and mayo wraps, it taste great eating like a Ssam.